Fish Lake Historic Site Collage

Fish Lake Historic Site Collage

Buildings

Historic Buildings of the Fish Lake Historic Site and the Fish Lake Remount Depot
Map shows the historic buildings of the Fish Lake Remount Depot:  The numbered locations on the map correspond to buildings that are no longer present.  (Click Map to Enlarge)


Dispatcher’s Cabin 1921 - built by the first fire crew stationed at the site. The switchboard was connected to lookouts, guard stations and District offices across the Forest.


Hall House 1924 - summer residence for Forest Supervisor C.C. Hall. The nearby garage was constructed from boards cut on-site at a sawmill.

Springhouse 1924 - a cold spring flowed under this building allowing it to provide refrigeration for perishable foods.

Commissary 1924 - originally built to store tools, it was later converted to a residence.


Barn 1934 - had enough stalls to hold 10 horses or mules.


Closed Storage 1934 - served as the tack room and blacksmith shop.

Open Storage 1934


Bunkhouse 1960 - replaced earlier sleeping quarters used by the CCC in the 1930s.




How To Get There